BitNinja.IO – Shared Intelligence for Shared & Reseller Hosting
BitNinja is being used by many different hosting companies, and swapping intelligence gathered between many hundreds of servers hosting tens of thousands of domains, Bit Ninja allows us to tell the Good Guys from the Bad Guys.
With its “IP History” tool we can see what an IP has been doing historically, not only on domains hosted with us, but on domains hosted with other companies. With a good solid history of an IPs activity we can make better security decisions.
What is BitNinja are why is UnixGuru using it?
- BitNinja is a server security system which integrates botnet IP-address filtration, malware and virus protection with log analysis, regular security audits and much more.
- Having BitNinja installed makes a server 99% safer than similar servers without it.
What are the advantages of using BitNinja?
- Unlike most security solutions (e.g. Cloudflare, Incapsula), BitNinja runs on the hosting infrastructure so there is no server downtime if anything stops elsewhere.
- BitNinja protects not only HTTP but also all other protocols (FTP, SSH, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, etc.).
How can BitNinja distinguish between Good and Bad IP Addresses?
- More than 50 installed honeypots worldwide are monitoring incoming requests and possible botnet-attacks continuously.
- BitNinja groups IPs into 3 sets.
- Agressors: Blacklisted and blocked IPs on heavily infected hosts that make continuous offensive attacks against hosts.
- Grey Listed: These IPs are suspected of being malicious and traffic from them is blocked – except web-traffic, where users are challenged by a captcha. If the visitor can prove that he or she is a human, and not a malicious bot, then the system resolves automatically and lets the process continue.
- Not Listed: These IPs are not suspected of being malicious and are allowed to connect to servers. They are however being watched and their status can soon change if they do or are suspected or doing something malicious.
- The BitNinja client manages these lists with updates from our control center every two seconds. As a result, the lists are always up-to-date.
- Every single BitNinja client is working as an additional honeypot, which means that the more servers that are used, the more precise the filtration becomes.
BitNinja web badges
If you want to include BitNinja badge on your site then click the badge below to go to the BitNinja site to choose your badge.
The badges are particularly useful on eCommerce sites to show that the server is safe and secure.
Its WAF (Web Application Firewall) Protects from:
- Spam Floods
- Zero Day DDoS
- Slowloris Attacks
- Root Kits
- Other Hacker activities
- Multi Protocol Protection including:-